We invite submissions of papers on any topic related to negative dependence and submodularity in machine learning, including (but not limited to):
- Submodular optimization
- Determinantal point processes
- Volume sampling
- Recommender systems
- Experimental design
- Variance-reduction methods
- Exploitation/exploration trade-offs (reinforcement, Bayesian Optimization, etc.)
- Batched active learning
- Strongly Rayleigh measures
- Monte Carlo integration
- Diversity constraints in experimental validation
- Log-concave polynomials
- Randomized numerical linear algebra
Please submit your papers via the CMT web site; the submissions should be in PDF format and a maximum of 4 pages long, excluding references and appendices. Submissions must use the anonymized ICML 2020 style file. The submission deadline is Friday June 5th, 2020, 11:59 PM Anywhere on Earth.
If the research has previously appeared in a journal, workshop, or conference (including ICML 2020), the workshop submission should extend that previous work. Parallel submissions (such as to other conferences) are permitted.